Monday, July 23, 2012

We're part of the blogosphere!

Here is the conversation that happened in the car on our way to our Thursday lunch date at Mai Thai (a first for us: both the midweek date and the restaurant):

Dave: I think we need to start a blog.  We are doing nothing to record our lives.  We don't journal or take pictures or do baby books.  No one in my family knows what is going on with us and Gabe will have no idea what his childhood was like.
Shannon: I know.  But a blog seems so overwhelming.  I'm worried that it will suck up all our free time and we will be so busy writing about our lives that we won't be living them.  But you're right.  It's a good idea and I think we should probably do it, but we need to do it together.
Dave: Well, I don't have time.

(By the way, the lunch buffet at Mai Thai was awesome).

So, if you're reading this, thanks for being our friend and interested in our lives. However, the impetus for me in finally starting this blog is so that Gabe (and our other kids to come) will know about their childhoods and how much they are loved.  And so that one day, when they need to know about their youth and I am too riddled by Alzheimers to tell them, I can hopefully say: "Go check the blog!" and all their questions will be answered.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog - Keep those posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, welcome, pardner. Anything you do to record life is better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete